A composite is a material made up of different components including two main material categories for bonding and strengthening.
Our Teclite composite material is composed of finely woven fibres that are impregnated with polyester resins. The physical and chemical characteristics of the Teclite composite material can be influenced to meet the needs of specific applications. The high load-bearing capacity, wear resistance and self-lubrication characteristics, together with the anti-corrosive behaviour of these maintenance-free composite materials, mean that Teclite composites are ideally suited for the most challenging movement-related applications, including sliding bearings and slide plates.
Composite is also commonly referred to as fibre-reinforced plastic. As the word suggests, just like POM, Nylon, PE1000 and Peek, a composite is also a type of plastic, but in this case ‘reinforced’ through the addition of fibres. For these reasons, in many cases our composites can be used as a possible (superior) alternative for products manufactured from these other plastic materials.
Characteristics of Teclite Composite:
- Certain variants are certified for use in the food industry
- Self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Wear resistance
- Low expansion coefficient
- Dimensional stability, also in wet environments
- 1/6 the weight of steel
- Ideal for inclination compensation
- Vibration damping
- Very high load resistance
Uses for Teclite composite:
- Offshore – Drilling rigs
- Inland shipping – Vessels
- Civil engineering – Bridges/locks
- Agriculture – Hydraulic systems
- Mechanical engineering – Food industry
- Construction – Cranes
Our composite tube and rod material is available in several variants: each variant has its own unique characteristics to meet the needs of a specific application. Our stock range of composites are suitable for use in most conditions. The range includes:
- Teclite 100 composite sliding bearing material
- Teclite 100G composite sliding bearing material
- Teclite 300 composite sliding bearing material
- Teclite 600 composite sliding bearing material
In addition to our standard variants, numerous other variants are available for specific applications. One example is our Teclite 600R composite sliding bearing material with its extremely low friction coefficient, specifically designed to prevent stick slip.
Please contact us to ensure you make the right choice, or for more information about our composite materials. Our staff will be happy to advise you on all the possibilities.
We can produce tailor-made solutions for practically every specific application from sheet material and tube/rod material. We also supply unmachined material to clients with their own machining facilities.